The St. Catharines Public Library offers a number of methods for patrons to renew items and check patron information. Items are renewed for 7 days from the date the item renewal is performed. Items cannot be renewed if the item is on hold for another patron.
Items may be renewed up to 5 times if not on hold for another patron.
Patrons can NOT self-renew and must call any branch to renew if any of the following conditions occur:
- 10 or more overdue items
- Owe more than $10.00
- Non-resident card has expired
- Have reached maximum borrowing limits for certain items (i.e. have 5 DVDs checked out)
Login to your patron account to renew items or view items checked out, hold information and fines/blocks.
TalkingTech - 905-687-4832
TalkingTech is our interactive voice messaging system that interacts with patrons to perform some circulation tasks by using a touch tone telephone. To access TalkingTech dial 905-687-4832. You will need to enter your library barcode (14 digits) and PIN (the last 4 digits of your phone number).
Patrons can use a touch tone telephone to perform these tasks:
- Review item due dates
- Renew items on loan
- List and cancel items on hold
Call any Branch
You can also call any branch to speak to a staff member.
- Central Library - 905-688-6103 ext. 221
- Dr. Huq Family Library Branch - 905-688-6103 ext. 300
- Merritt Branch- 905-688-6103 ext. 400
- Port Dalhousie Branch - 905-688-6103 ext. 500